Trong tiếng anh có rất nhiều cụm từ hay điểm cấu trúc nhằm nhấn mạnh ý nghĩa sự vật sự việc, khả năng làm một việc gì đó vì lẽ đó bài viết này của chúng tôi xin giới thiệu với quý độc giả hai điểm cấu trúc rất thường hay sử dụng đó là cấu trúc too to, Enough to, So that, Such that bên cạnh đó là cách dùng và một số bài tập áp dụng của chúng.
Cấu trúc Too to (Quá…đến nổi không thể …. hoặc quá… để làm gì)
- S + be + too + adj + (for somebody) + to + V
- S + V + too + adv + (for somebody) + to + V
Ý nghĩa Too…to
– Too…to để chỉ điều gì đó quá khả năng hoặc quá mức cần thiết, khi đó câu ấy sẽ mang nghĩa phủ định.
- Dùng với tính từ:
It was too hot( for me) to go out. (trời thì quá nóng để ra ngoài hoặc trời thì quá nóng đến nổi không thể ra ngoài).
- Dùng với trạng từ:
The bus ran too quickly for me to catch up. (Xe bus chạy quá nhanh để tôi có thể bắt đuổi kiệp).
Cấu trúc Enough to (Đủ….để có thể làm gì)
Enough to có thể được đi với tính từ, trạng từ và danh từ có ý nghĩa là đủ … để có thể làm gì.
Enough đi với tính từ
- S + be + adj + enough + (for O) + to_V
I am not tall enough to become a pollice. (tôi không đủ cao để trở thành một cảnh sát).
Dùng với trạng từ
- S + V + adv + enough + (for O) + to_V
My teacher spoke slowly enough for me to write it down. ( Giáo viên của tôi nói đủ chậm để tôi có thể viết lại).
Dùng với danh từ
- S + V + enough + noun + (for O) + to_V
I don’t have enough time to finish my job. ( tôi không có đủ thời gian để hoàn thành công việc của mình).
Cấu trúc So that (Quá…đến nỗi)
So that dùng với tính từ
- S + be+ so + adj + that + S + V
It was so cold that I couldn’t hang out. ( trời thì quá lạnh đến nổi tôi không thể đi ra ngoài).
Ngoài ra công thức trên còn được dùng với động từ chỉ tri giác như seem, look, sound, feel,…
It sounds great I could go to some where. ( Nghe thật tuyệt vì thế tôi có thể đi đâu đó).
So that dùng với trạng từ
- S + V + so + adv + that + S + V
My student had behaved so badly that they had to be get out. ( học sinh của tôi có hành vi không tốt vị vậy chúng phải bị đuổi ra ngoài).
So that dùng với danh từ số nhiều đếm được
- S + V+ so many/ few + plural/ countable noun + that + S + V
My family had so many people that they can become a football club.( Gia đình tôi có rất nhiều người đến nổi họ có thể lập thành một đội bóng đá).
So that dùng với danh từ không đếm được
- S + V + so much/ little + uncountable noun + that + S + V
He had so much money that he could buy many things. ( Anh ấy có rất nhiều tiền đến nối anh ấy có thể mua được rất nhiều thứ).
So that dùng với danh từ đếm được số ít
- S + V + so + adj + a/ an + singular noun + that + S + V
It was so afraid a result that we couldn’t believe. ( Kết quả thật đang sợ, chúng tôi không thể tin được).
Cấu trúc such…that…. (quá … đến nỗi…)
- S + V + such + (a/an) + adj + noun + that + S + V
It was such a beautiful day that we went to outside all day. ( Trời thì rất đẹp đên nỗi chúng tôi đi ra ngoài cả ngày).
Lưu ý: Cấu trúc so…that cũng có ý nghĩa tương tự such…that nên ta cũng có thể đổi câu ví dụ trên thành:
It was so beautiful that we went to outside all day.
Lưu ý chung khi dụng các dạng cấu trúc trên:
- S1 + V1 + so + adj + that + S2 + V2 + O2Nếu chủ ngữ S1 là vật mà tân ngữ O2 nhắc lại vật đó và dùng với từ “it”:
Bài tập áp dụng
1. Hoàn thành các câu sau sử dụng cấu trúc too to hoặc enough
(Fill the gaps with enough or too).
1 I don’t feel very well. I’ve eaten ……………………. much.
2 Don’t worry. We still have ……………………. time to get there before it closes.
3 She’s ……………………. young to go to discos.
4 He’s ……………………. young to vote, but old enough to go to war.
5 The disco is ……………………. far to walk.
6 The film was rubbish. After 20 minutes I had had …………………… .
7 This town isn’t big ……………………. for the two of us.
8 That’s it. I’ve had ……………………. . Leave the class immediately!
9 I had ……………………. much wine at the party and behaved rather badly.
10 If she doesn’t get ……………………. sleep, she’s bad tempered all day.
11 This recipe sounds easy …………………….. . I’ll make it for lunch.
12 She’s far ……………………. talkative. After 5 minutes I’ve got a headache.
13 Everyone got great marks in the exam. It wasn’t difficult ……………………. .
14 This chicken’s ……………………. small for five.
1 I don’t feel very well. I’ve eaten too much.
2 Don’t worry. We still have enough time to get there before it closes.
3 She’s too young to go to discos.
4 He’s too young to vote, but old enough to go to war.
5 The disco is too far to walk.
6 The film was rubbish. After 20 minutes I had had enough.
7 This town isn’t big enough for the two of us.
8 That’s it. I’ve had enough. Leave the class immediately!
9 I had too much wine at the party and behaved rather badly.
10 If she doesn’t get enough sleep, she’s bad tempered all day.
11 This recipe sounds easy enough. I’ll make it for lunch.
12 She’s far too talkative. After 5 minutes I’ve got a headache.
13 Everyone got great marks in the exam. It wasn’t difficult enough.
14 This chicken’s too small for five.
2. Sử dụng too hoặc very để điền vào chỗ trống các câu bên dưới
1) Bobby failed his biology class because it was ________ difficult for him.
2) It’s ________ cold today, but I’m still going to play outside.
3) The old dog is ________ old to run. His legs don’t work like they used to.
4) He was feeling ________ ill. Nevertheless, he still went to school.
5) It’s ________ dark to see in here. Please turn on the lights.
6) Amy was ________ tired to come to the movie with us. She went to sleep instead.
7) Learning a second language is ________ difficult, but most students can do it with
practice and determination.
8) The man is ________ old. He will be 92 next week.
9) It’s ________ late to catch our flight. The plane has already taken off.
10) Jimbo is ________ young to drive a car. He’ll be able to drive when he’s older.
11) The chocolate cake was ________ good. I want another piece!
12) The line to buy ice cream is ________ long. I’m not going to wait in it anymore.
13) The t-shirt is ________ big. It doesn’t fit me.
14) I don’t like black coffee. It is ________ strong for me.
15) My little brother won the race. He is ________ fast.
1) Bobby failed his biology class because it was too difficult for him.
2) It’s very cold today, but I’m still going to play outside.
3) The old dog is too old to run. His legs don’t work like they used to.
4) He was feeling very ill. Nevertheless, he still went to school.
5) It’s too dark to see in here. Please turn on the lights.
6) Amy was too tired to come to the movie with us. She went to sleep instead.
7) Learning a second language is very difficult, but most students can do it with
practice and determination.
8) The man is very old. He will be 92 next week.
9) It’s too late to catch our flight. The plane has already taken off.
10) Jimbo is too young to drive a car. He’ll be able to drive when he’s older.
11) The chocolate cake was very good. I want another piece!
12) The line to buy ice cream is too long. I’m not going to wait in it anymore.
13) The t-shirt is too big. It doesn’t fit me.
14) I don’t like black coffee. It is too strong for me.
15) My little brother won the race. He is very fast.
3. Điền vào chỗ trống sử dụng Too hoặc Enough
(Fill in the blanks with “too” or “enough” to)
1. The film was ______ boring to watch so we
left the cinema early.
2. The house on the corner isn’t cheap
______ for us to buy.We will find another
3. I know Sarah is very enthusiastic but she
isn’t tall and talented ______ to play in the
school basketball team.
4. The soup is ______ cold to eat.Shall we
heat it on the stove?
5. I think this t-shirt is ______ big for me to
wear.I would like to give it to you.
6. He was not good ______ to play in the
school band so the teacher chose
7. Some of the problems in the Maths exam
were ______ difficult for me to answer so
I got a bad mark.
8. The racer couldn’t drive fast ______ to
come first in the World Championship.
9. Look! This knife is ______ blunt to chop
10. The shopping bags were ______ heavy for
the old woman so she wanted help.
11. Toby wasn’t strong ______ to lift the desk
so his friend Laura helped him carry it.
12. These cars are ______ expensive for me to
buy.Have you got cheaper ones?
13. The weather was ______ cold to go out so
the two boys stayed at home and played
14. The sea isn’t warm ______ to swim in
March in Turkey.
15. Daniel isn’t hardworking ______ to pass all
4. Sử dụng too hay enough để hoàn thành các câu bên dưới
1. Can he go to the casino? No, he can’t. (old)
2. Are we going to Hawaii this summer? Unfortunately not. (money)
We don’t have_____ this year.
3. Can he lift the table? Yes, he can. (strong)
He is _____
4. Can Sally go to the party? No, she can’t. (tired)
She is _____
5. Can he climb the tree? No, he can’t. (old)
6. Can she fit in that dress? Yes, she can. (thin)
She is _____
7. Do yo think he understands you? Yes, he does. (mature)
He is ____
8. Can he go to a private university? I don’t think he can. (expensive)
Those are ____to pay.
9. Are you going to the beach? No I’m not.(hot)
It is _____today.
1. old enough
2. enough money
3. strong enough
4. too tired
5. too old
6. thin enough
7. mature enough
8. too expensive
9. too hot
5. Sử dụng So that hoặc in order to để hoàn thành các cấu sau
Choose so that or in order to to complete the sentences.
1. I have started an English course improve my English.
2. I’m studying very hard nowadays I can pass my class.
3. I went to bed early wake up early.
4. We all put on our jackets keep warm.
5. One should exercise regularly keep their body in shape.
6. Make sure your bags are tagged you can find them easily.
7. I had to take a cab I wouldn’t be late for my appointment.
8. I took my digital camera with me I could take some photos during my trip.
9. I need to take out a loan from a finance company buy a new car.
10. Jason turned off the radio he could concentrate on his work.
1. in order to
2. so that
3. in order to
4. in order to
5. in order to
6. so that
7. so that
8. so that
9. in order to
10. so that
6. Sử dụng Such that hay so that để hoàn thành các câu bên dưới
1. Jessica is a brilliant woman that everyone admires her.
2. He made an unforgivable mistake that it caused him his marriage.
3. She is shy that she would only talk to her parents.
4. The teacher was tired that she had to dismiss the class.
5. Those shoes are expensive that I can never afford them.
6. I have great memories with her that I will never forget her.
7. They were close to winning that everyone felt disappointed with the loss.
8. He is a clever boy that he can learn multiple languages at the same time.
7. Hoàn thành những câu bên dưới sử dụng cấu trúc such that hoặc so that
1. I spend ____much money that I can’t save any.
2. Jimmy and Ken are____ alike that I can’t tell one from another.
3. Shames is____ a nice dog that he never barks.
4. Those are_____ great pictures that I never want to throw them away.
5. I am____ bored that I just want to sleep.
6. Our neighbors are____ kind that they let us borrow their lawn mower.
7. My back aches____ badly that I can’t lift anything anymore.
8. Hawaii has____ amazing beaches that everyone wants to live there.
Như vậy chúng ta đã cùng tìm hiểu về cấu trúc Too to, Enough to, So that, Such that là gì ?. Bên cạnh đó chúng tôi cũng đưa ra hàng loạt các ví dụ cũng như bài tập để các bạn ứng dụng. Rất mong nhận được sự phàn hồi của quý độc giả.
Học một ngôn ngữ mới là trở thành một con người mới. Ngôn ngữ là nguồn sống của tâm hồn, là nguyên liệu cho tư duy và là sự thể hiện của tư duy phát triển.